This episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast is kindly supported by MyMaths from Oxford University Press.
Any teacher can sign-up for a 30 day free trial by visiting mymaths.co.uk/subscribe
Hello, and welcome to another episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast, with me Craig Barton.
This is another Conference Takeaways podcast, this time from the online Mathematical Association Conference that took place in April 2021. I am reunited my regular Conference Takeaways co-host Jo Morgan (@mathsjem on Twitter and the creator of the online bible of maths resources, resourceaholic.com) to share our key thoughts and takeaways from the selection of workshops we were lucky to see.
We discuss the following things, and much more besides:
- Black mathematicians
- Creating a Low Threshold High Ceiling Classroom
- What makes a good task?
- Paper folding
- Ratio and proportion
- Mathematical diagrams
I really hope you find this discussion useful, whether you attended the conference or not. Thanks so much for Jo for taking the time to talk to me.
If you need to, you can download an mp3 version of the podcast here (but most podcast providers give you the option to download for offline listening)
My usual plugs:
- My online courses are here: craigbarton.podia.com
- My books are “Reflect, Expect, Check, Explain” and “How I wish I’d taught maths”
- If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of the show, then drop me an email at [email protected]
- You can help support the show via my Patreon page at patreon.com/mrbartonmaths