Welcome to another episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast
This is another of my Conference Takeaways episodes, where I sit down with a fellow conference delegate to reflect on what we have learned from the day for the benefit of people who were unable to attend the conference. This time the event was the Festival of Education, and my co-host for Day 2 was again the wonderful Kris Boulton (@Kris_Boulton).
We discussed the following things, and much more besides:
- What is the key to successful behaviour management?
- What are the urban myths of learning?
- What questions should senior leaders ask heads of department?
- Why is reading so important, even to us maths teachers?
- Whose fault is it anyway?
- How can we differentiate?
My usual plugs:
- You can help support the podcast (and get an interactive transcript of all new episodes) via my Patreon page at patreon.com/mrbartonmaths
- If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of the show, then please visit this page
- You can sign up for my free Tips for Teachers newsletter and my free Eedi newsletter
- My online courses are here: craigbarton.podia.com
- My books are “Tips for Teachers“, “Reflect, Expect, Check, Explain” and “How I wish I’d taught maths”
Thanks so much for listening, and I really hope you enjoy the show!