Welcome to another episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast
This is another of my Conference Takeaways episodes, where I sit down with a fellow conference delegate to reflect on what we have learned from the day for the benefit of people who were unable to attend the conference. This time the event was the Festival of Education, and my co-host was the wonderful Kris Boulton (@Kris_Boulton).
We discussed the following things, and much more besides:
- What did Kris talk about in his Direct Instruction session?
- Can we measure progress?
- Should parents have more influence in schools?
- Does Kris watch Love Island?
- Should Ofsted prescribe certain features in lessons?
- What do we think of Amanda Speilman’s announcements about curriculum and behaviour?
My usual plugs:
- My online courses are here: craigbarton.podia.com
- My books are “Reflect, Expect, Check, Explain” and “How I wish I’d taught maths”
- If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of the show, then drop me an email at [email protected]
- You can help support the show via my Patreon page at patreon.com/mrbartonmaths
Thanks so much for listening, and I really hope you enjoy the show!