On Monday we launched a load of new features on our Diagnostic Questions website. These are all free, and include the ability to:
- Import students and classes
- Assign quizzes to your students which they can answer on their phones, tablets or computers
- You instantly get data back from your students, including their explanations for their answers, giving you real insight into their thinking and misconceptions
- The ability to compare your students’ performance with students from all over the world
- You students can benefit by being able to read 100s of high-quality explanations that other students have given to questions to help deepen their understanding of a given concept.
I have put together a short series of videos outlining these features here, and there are more to follow.
I am very excited! 🙂
The website is in Beta testing mode, so there is plenty of room for improvement. If you do have suggestions or ideas, or you spot something that doesn’t quite work, please let us know here.
The website will get better and better the more questions we have, and the more students we have answering them. This will allow us all to gain a better understanding as to how students learn mathematics. So please get your students registered and help me spread the word 🙂
Oh, and to get you started, here are a couple of quizzes I have written for my Year 8s and Year 11s. I plan to do one of these a week. Let your students have a go, and let’s all learn from each other 🙂