Welcome to another episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast
This is another of my Conference Takeaways episodes, where I sit down with a fellow conference delegate to reflect on what we have learned from the day for the benefit of people who were unable to attend the conference. This time the event was the Festival of Education, and my co-host for Day 2 was again the wonderful Kris Boulton (@Kris_Boulton).
We discussed the following things, and much more besides:
- What is the key to successful behaviour management?
- What are the urban myths of learning?
- What questions should senior leaders ask heads of department?
- Why is reading so important, even to us maths teachers?
- Whose fault is it any way?
- How can we differentiate?
Thanks so much for listening, and I really hope you enjoy the show!
I am a maths teacher, currently teaching at Thornleigh Salesian College, Bolton, UK. Here are links to some of my work:
Mr Barton Maths Blog
Mr Barton Maths Podcast
My book: How I wish I’d taught maths