Craig Barton interviews guests from the wonderful world of education about their approaches to teaching, educational research and more. All show notes, resources and videos here: https://www.mrbartonmaths.com/blog/
I have teamed up with Jo Morgan (@mathsjem) and TES to delve deep into key mathematical topics, looking at progression, misconceptions, resources, etymology and much, much more. Each of these episodes was filmed, and the videos are embedded into the show notes page. You will also find the PowerPoint Jo uses so you can access all the resources.
You can access the show notes here: http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/blog/topics-in-depth-indices-with-jo-morgan-supported-by-tes/
Something different from this episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast.
This is the first episode in the Topic in Depth series.
For the last few years I have at engrossed through several Topic in Depth presentations given by Jo Morgan. In these she takes a mathematical topic and describes how she approaches the planning, sharing resources, approaches and quirks from the past and the present.
I have been eager to find a way to get these out to a wider audience, so we have partnered with TES to make this happen.
The following discussion about Indices was filmed, and to get the full experience you probably want to watch it as you can see first-hand the resources that Jo is describing. Our idea is that these videos might be watched by individual teachers to aid their planning, or even whole maths departments to stimulate discussion.
My usual plugs:
- You can help support the podcast (and get an interactive transcript of all new episodes) via my Patreon page at patreon.com/mrbartonmaths
- If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of the show, then please visit this page
- You can sign up for my free Tips for Teachers newsletter and my free Eedi newsletter
- My online courses are here: craigbarton.podia.com
- My books are “Tips for Teachers“, “Reflect, Expect, Check, Explain” and “How I wish I’d taught maths”
Thanks so much for listening, and I really hope you enjoy the show!