This episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast is proudly sponsored by Boss Maths.
Check out their outstanding website here: bossmaths.com
Hello, and welcome to another episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast, with me Craig Barton.
This is another Conference Takeaways podcast, this time from the 2019 MEI Maths Conference in Bath. I am reunited my regular Conference Takeaways co-host Jo Morgan (@mathsjem on Twitter and the creator of the online bible of maths resources, resourceaholic.com) to share our key thoughts and takeaways from the selection of workshops we (or, more accurate in this case, Jo), was lucky to see.
We discuss the following things, and much more besides:
- We discuss “they best keynote ever”… the night before I am going to give mine
- How do 10 year olds and 18 year olds approach the same percentage questions?
- Jo explains why there is a calculator crisis in the country… before showing us some lovely calculator tricks
- We run the risk of being controversial with a discussion on manipulatives
- Finally, we discuss writing schemes of work in terms of ordering and workload
I really hope you find this discussion useful, whether you attended the conference or not. Thanks so much for Jo for taking the time to talk to me.
My usual plugs:
- You can help support the podcast (and get an interactive transcript of all new episodes) via my Patreon page at patreon.com/mrbartonmaths
- If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of the show, then please visit this page
- You can sign up for my free Tips for Teachers newsletter and my free Eedi newsletter
- My online courses are here: craigbarton.podia.com
- My books are “Tips for Teachers“, “Reflect, Expect, Check, Explain” and “How I wish I’d taught maths”
Thanks so much for listening, and I really hope you enjoy the show!