Your students may be the kings and queens of reflections, rotations, translations and enlargements, but how will they cope with the new concept of invariant points? There’s only one way to find out!
The latest edition of my GCSE Maths Question of the Week series is a lovely Transformations question provided exclusively for my Diagnostic Questions website by AQA. However, the content is suitable no matter which exam board you are following.
Here is one suggestion for using this resource:
- Print out the worksheet for use as a starter in lessons, or a homework.
- Discuss your students answers and explanations, their reasons for the incorrect answers, and their choice of alternative wrong answers
- Use our data analytics to see how the rest of the country performed on this question, and view alternative student explanations
- Set your students the entire quiz that this question comes from as a follow-up activity
- Direct your students to the Topic section on my website, where they will find videos, worksheets and extension material on this topic.
All of this is free.
At our school we are using this once a week with our Year 11 classes. I really hope you and your students find it useful.
For all the questions in this series, please visit my GCSE Maths Question of the Week page.