Hello, and welcome to another episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast, with me Craig Barton.
This is another Conference Takeaways podcast, this time from the 2019 Educating Northants conference. I am reunited my regular co-host Jo Morgan (@mathsjem on Twitter and the creator of the online bible of maths resources, resourceaholic.com) to share our key thoughts and takeaways from the selection of workshops we were lucky to see.
We discuss the following things, and much more besides:
- Mastery at Primary School
- A knowledge curriculum
- Multiple mathematical methods
- Dual coding
I really hope you find this discussion useful, whether you attended the conference or not. Thanks so much for Jo for taking the time to talk to me, and to the Northants team for putting on such an ambitious event.
Here are the images Jo and I referred to:
My usual plugs:
- You can help support the podcast (and get an interactive transcript of all new episodes) via my Patreon page at patreon.com/mrbartonmaths
- If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of the show, then please visit this page
- You can sign up for my free Tips for Teachers newsletter and my free Eedi newsletter
- My online courses are here: craigbarton.podia.com
- My books are “Tips for Teachers“, “Reflect, Expect, Check, Explain” and “How I wish I’d taught maths”
Thanks so much for listening, and I really hope you enjoy the show!
2 thoughts on “#077 Conference Takeaways: Educating Northants 2019”
Terrific to see you have signed up to Patreon Craig – I’m very happy to send you a fiver a month from Brisbane, Australia for the great content you provide. I’m a longtime listener and have found the content to be challenging, thought-provoking and the best PD going around. It has really helped me think more deeply about my teaching, and led to many interesting discussions with colleagues. Keep up the great work!
Wow. Thanks so much, Mike. I really, really appreciate this 🙂