Craig Barton interviews guests from the wonderful world of education about their approaches to teaching, educational research and more. All show notes, resources and videos here: https://www.mrbartonmaths.com/blog/
Join Jo Morgan and I for a jam-packed discussion following the excellent Educating Northants Conference about mastery at primary, a knowledge curriculum, multiple mathematical methods, dual coding, variation starters… and a breathing exercise.
For more information about today’s guest, plus links to the websites, resources and ideas they mention, please visit the show notes page: http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/blog/conference-takeaways-educating-northants-2019/
Hello, and welcome to another episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast, with me Craig Barton.
This is another Conference Takeaways podcast, this time from the 2019 Educating Northants conference. I am reunited my regular co-host Jo Morgan (@mathsjem on Twitter and the creator of the online bible of maths resources, resourceaholic.com) to share our key thoughts and takeaways from the selection of workshops we were lucky to see.
We discuss the following things, and much more besides:
- Mastery at Primary School
- A knowledge curriculum
- Multiple mathematical methods
- Dual coding
I really hope you find this discussion useful, whether you attended the conference or not. Thanks so much for Jo for taking the time to talk to me, and to the Northants team for putting on such an ambitious event.
Here are the images Jo and I referred to:
My usual plugs:
- You can help support the podcast (and get an interactive transcript of all new episodes) via my Patreon page at patreon.com/mrbartonmaths
- If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of the show, then please visit this page
- You can sign up for my free Tips for Teachers newsletter and my free Eedi newsletter
- My online courses are here: craigbarton.podia.com
- My books are “Tips for Teachers“, “Reflect, Expect, Check, Explain” and “How I wish I’d taught maths”
Thanks so much for listening, and I really hope you enjoy the show!