On this episode of the Mr Barton Maths Podcast I spoke to Andrew Taylor, the Head of Maths at AQA.
I asked Andrew many questions, including:
- Does he feel that the Maths GCSE actually needed changing?
- What are the biggest differences, in his opinion, between the current and new specs?
- What advice does he have for teachers when preparing their students for the new Maths GCSE?
- What will the new Maths GCSE grade boundaries look like?
- What tier of entry would he recommend for a Grade C student?
- And the big one… why should schools choose AQA ahead of the other exam boards?
All of the resources Andrew mentions can be found at All About Maths: http://allaboutmaths.aqa.org.uk/home
The lovely (and free!) AQA Diagnostic Questions quizzes can be found at: https://www.diagnosticquestions.com/aqa
Music for the podcast is provided by podcastthemes.com. If you want to get in contact, on twitter I am @mrbartonmaths.
My usual plugs:
- You can help support the podcast (and get an interactive transcript of all new episodes) via my Patreon page at patreon.com/mrbartonmaths
- If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of the show, then please visit this page
- You can sign up for my free Tips for Teachers newsletter and my free Eedi newsletter
- My online courses are here: craigbarton.podia.com
- My books are “Tips for Teachers“, “Reflect, Expect, Check, Explain” and “How I wish I’d taught maths”
One thought on “#001 Andrew Taylor – Head of Maths at AQA”
I am the host of Education Bookcast.
We have the same theme music.